- First, take a large pan and heat the oil, mustard, urad dal, jeera, curry leaves and the cashews
- Sauté the mixture until the cashews turn golden brown
- Now, add the ginger, chili and onion. Sauté this mixture well.
- Following this, add the carrots, beans, bell peppers, peas, turmeric and salt
- Add 2 tbsp of water, cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes
- After this, add 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil
- Once boiling, add the rolled oats and mix well
- Mix until the oats absorb all of the water
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the oats are thoroughly cooked
- After this, add the spinach, bell peppers, coriander, coconut. Add lemon juice and salt as per your taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy this healthy spinach & bell pepper oats upma for breakfast!
Check out other great recipes here!
Follow us on Instagram for more recipes, nutritional information and other great content!