De-Seed and Slice Okra (Bhindi)
- Rinse the Okra thoroughly under tap water. Rub it gently to remove any dirt on the skin of the bhindi.
- Pat it dry with a kitchen towel
- Following that, trim the top of each piece and slice in half down the center vertically
- Use a spoon to scoop out and discard all the seeds from the bhindi
Crispy Kurkuri Bhindi Preparation
- After de-seeding and slicing, transfer the bhindi into a mixing bowl
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt into the bowl with the bhindi
- Following that, toss to coat the bhindi in all the spices
- Fill a deep pan with frying oil and heat it up
- After that coat the bhindi with besan and cornstarch and dust off any excess flour
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the bhindi in batches and fry until crisp and golden
- Remove the bhindi from the oil and drain off all the excess oil
- Serve the crispy kurkuri bhindi hot and sprinkle some lemon juice and chaat masala and garnish with cilantro leaves
Check out other great recipes here!
Follow us on Instagram for more recipes, nutritional information and other great content!