- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Firstly, cut the eggplant into 1-inch rounds
- Sprinkle these with salt and set aside for 20 minutes in order to draw out water and any bitterness in the vegetable
- Following this, pat the rounds dry and cut them into even-sized batons or ‘fries’
- Next get your pane station ready. Put the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in one bowl and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- To the bowl with breadcrumbs, add the garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- First, dredge the eggplant in flour. Next, dip them in the eggs and then coat them with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Prepare a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Now arrange the eggplant fries on top of the wire rack and spray them with the olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the eggplant fries are golden and crisp.
- Serve these delicious baked eggplant fries hot with ketchup or any other sauce of your choice!
Check out other great recipes here!
Follow us on Instagram for more recipes, nutritional information and other great content!